November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving is coming!

             I love Thanksgiving. I think it's one of the best holidays. Mostly because there's a BUNCH of food, and yes, I love food. And my family makes tons of food, it isn't even always related to the holidays. We'll make eggrolls and noodles too! Which I think is even yummier. But I like this holiday because everyone always gets together to basically to me, get fat. And it's okay to stuff your face because you know that everyone else is doing the same.
            I can't even choose what my favorite dish would be, too many things I eat in one day. It's pretty funny when my mom tries to make turkey. She does it like every year, and somewhat as a custom, it always burns. We don't even like turkey much, but yet she still buys a bird and cooks it. It's like a tradition I suppose. I think my brother is always going crazy with the pumpkin pie. Like every year, it's the one thing he cannot wait to eat. I think maybe Latesea too, I can't remember. Well maybe it's just everybody, but my dad likes apple. I think i'm always eating mash potatoes. They are soooo good!
             Another thing I like about it is that my family gets together. And we don't eat once, we eat all day long, and some years the whole week. But I love it, because the food is so good, and we all get together to hang out and just have fun. It's comforting, and we're all happy. Thanksgiving is fun, and also it makes us think back to the pilgrim days.  We should be thankful for the indians and pilgrims back in time. It was a peaceful. I can't wait to eat next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment