March 18, 2011

The Journey for a place called HOME.

                   This week on this Friday, we watched a clip about these boys called the "Lost Boys". Now these aren't the boys from Peter Pan. These boys are real survivors and are somewhat in hiding. They are trying to go from a different country all the way to another! And they are all mostly under the age of 13! That's crazy!
                   When I watched this video, it made me sad. And I'm sure i'm not the only one who got that emotion from watching it. These children at the time were so young, and so skinny. Knowing the fact that they have to run away from danger, without guidence from their parents, or any family members whatsoever is just so heartbreaking. It's not fair to them and to what they had to go through. This journey they took as like a walk through their own nightmares.
                   Throughout that whole time, they were in constant danger. Can you imagine how scary that is? Especially since they're so little. Plus, without good shelter and enough food, they were very week. And so skinny. It just made me not even want to eat my own food just so I could give them mine when they are in more need for it. And I think it's great that throughout their hard struggle, they went from all that to America, to try to make their life better. And even though I have no idea who they are in person, I'm proud of them. It doesn't even matter that they are probably way older than me. It's just after all that stuff they went too, I can't believe it. And now they want only their education. That's the most important thing to them besides surviving. I'm happy that most of them have had a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment